Landlord Protection Insurance

Name *
Date of birth *
Date of birth
Gender *
Marital status *
Property info
Property address *
Property address
The address of the property you need insurance for.
Is this property rented out on an annual or short-term basis? *
Is this property vacant? *
Are you renovating or flipping the home? *
Date purchased
Date purchased
(check all that apply)
Additional info

Why do I need landlord protection insurance?

As a landlord, you want insurance that’s tailored specifically to protect your residential rental property. This is where landlord protection insurance (or dwelling fire) comes in. You do your best to choose good tenants and the same goes for your insurance.

What's typically covered?

  • The home and other structures on the lot

  • Personal property on the premises that you provide (i.e. stove, refrigerator, washer/dryer)

  • Loss of rents

  • Premises liability

    • Personal injury–included under the liability coverage on most policies we offer. The coverage protects you against wrongful eviction and wrongful entry claims (please note these claims are investigated on a case-by-case basis).

What are you covered against?

Each policy is different, but a standard dwelling fire policy (also known as a DP3) will generally cover your property against:

  • Fire or lightning

  • Windstorm

  • Explosions

  • Riots or civil commotions

  • Aircraft

  • Vehicles

  • Smoke

  • Vandalism

  • Falling objects

If the property is vacant, these coverages may not be available.

What isn't covered?

A standard dwelling fire policy won't cover damages caused by earthquakes or floods (those need a separate policy).

There may also be exclusions for water damage, vermin, mold or fungus, and wear and tear.