Whether you're at home or away, you want to make sure your home, liability, and personal belongings are protected.
What are you covered against?
In a standard homeowners policy (also known as an HO3), your home and belongings will generally be protected by:
- Fire and lightning
- Theft and vandalism
- Falling objects
A standard homeowners policy will not cover against earthquakes or flood. Other exclusions can include mold, wear and tear, and vermin.
What's typically covered?
- Dwelling – you want enough coverage to rebuild your home if it gets damaged after a covered loss (i.e. a fire or windstorm).
- Other structures – this is usually a default % of the dwelling, covering a shed or carport.
- Additional living expenses – this will help cover temporary living expenses if you need to relocate after a covered loss.
- Personal property – covers your belongings, whether in your house, in your car, or on the go.
- Liability – helps cover your legal liability if you are sued (i.e. someone trips in your driveway).
- and more...
There are discounts available
- Multi-policy discount (packaging with auto)
- New buyer discount
- Alarm discount
We can also help with secondary homes and seasonal homes.