What is it?
General liability insurance is considered the core coverage for business owners. It protects your business from third-party lawsuits that stem from:
- Bodily injury and property damage
- Personal and advertising injury liability
- Medical payments
What does it cover?
General liability insurance can cover your legal expenses from claims arising from third-party claims, paying for:
- Lawyer fees
- The client's medical bills
- Other lawsuit costs
Do I need it?
If you are a business owner, you need general liability insurance. This is the first type of policy you should purchase. Here are some other reasons you might need coverage:
- Your customer requires you to have it
- You use third-party locations for business-related activities
- You use a client's equipment
- and more...