Wang Insurance


Homesharing and short-term rental insurance


Whether your home is listed on a homesharing website (like Airbnb, VRBO, or HomeAway) or through a property manager, we can help get you covered.

A typical homeowners insurance policy or landlord protection insurance policy will exclude coverage for losses arising out of commercial activities, which includes renting out a home seasonally or on a short-term basis. If you do rent your home out on a short-term basis, you'll want to get a policy that properly covers you.

For our homesharing clients, we offer vacation & short term rental insurance, with features that may include:

  • Lost income as a result of major damage to your home by your guest
  • Property damage from a guest
  • Personal injury lawsuits from a guest (i.e. wrongful eviction, invasion of privacy, etc.) (these losses are determined on a case-by-case basis)
  • Claims-free discounts

The information above does not apply to home owners renting out individual rooms on a short-term basis.